01 November 2012

Leading Lady Bo$$ Busine$$


If an image ever captured how I felt in any given moment, this would be the one. I'm trying so hard to be the woman in this photo taking charge in her stilettos and LBD, but I just feel like people are trying to trip me up and rip my dress to shreds. 

The issue is I come across as too bloody nice, and people mistake my niceness for naivete. Lately I've been noticing a lot of people trying to take advantage of my kindness. I've also noticed their surprise as I put a stop to it.

That whole "entitled generation" label the older folks like to toss around when describing my generation, I get it now. Every day I come across employees who loved what they do when they initially started doing it, but as time has passed they've become frustrated that certain conditions haven't improved. They're tired of saying something about it to their supervisors so instead they complain to one another and nothing is ever solved. Then the younger newbies like myself come in and hear the complaints of the seasoned employees. Suddenly we have second thoughts about diving into the company culture and finding our place within it.

So that image above is a reminder for me to not let others take advantage of what I have to offer. I've felt exploited before and don't need to go through that again. It's time to be the leading lady of my life and go about my boss business.


No comments:

Post a Comment