22 November 2012

I Wanna Be Free


It's Thanksgiving Day. Feels so good to have a day off. I've been working 6 days a week for the past 2 months, and I need a break. I've been running my body down and I've gotten sick twice in the past few weeks. Probably doesn't help that my stress/anxiety levels are off the charts since I'm trying to train the new girl and it's not going smoothly at all so I'm pulling my hair out again. Not good. I just want to sleep and have time to be selfish for once and take time for myself.

Right now I'm longing for freedom ... freedom to just sleep late, go places, meet new people, learn a couple new skills, read a friggin' book. I just want to start a revolution, though I'm not entirely sure what that entails just yet. I guess as I get closer to turning 25 next year, I feel the need to get more introspective and feel like I'm really doing something with my life and not just slaving away at a 9-6 to pay the bills. I want to put something inspiring out into the world, not just sit around being inspired by others. I feel like a lot of twenty-somethings feel the same way. Everyone's trying to do something ... express themselves, create something to share with the world. Maybe that's why social media's so huge right now. Everyone just wants to be somebody. 

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to continue watching "Magic Mike" then see "Skyfall" tonight. Happy Thanksgiving. Be grateful and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment