14 March 2015

Behold the Ides of March


As usual, right now I should be sleeping. I was on my feet for 7 hours straight, most of that in heels, and I'm exhausted. But I just found an old text I sent myself last year for no apparent reason and wanted to share ...
Last day of who I was. First day of who I am. - yours truly, 7.16.14
No clue what that's in reference to, but I love it! I think I'm still who I was though, and I'm dying to become who I am. So I thought I'd reiterate that statement on today of all days, March 15th, better known to you Shakespearean folk as the Ideas of March. The Ides has always been a great day for me to launch things. In college I launched my blog on this day and it was a great success. Today I feel like doing something different ... launching myself.

I've become bored with everything. Things are different, I guess, but still feel pretty much the same. I need freshness. I just want to feel brand new. I'm about to start sounding like a Drake song if I keep writing this paragraph so ... hitting the Enter key now.

Here I go:
Last day of who I was. First day of who I am. - yours truly, 3.15.15
Oh, would you look at that. It's the 15th of the month and the year ends in 15. This feels symbolic. I need that kind of power behind this decision of mine. It just feels right, and I need more right in my life.

You know what also feels right? Shutting this laptop of mine down for the night and going to bed. Yea, let's go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment